We work with all stakeholders in academia and scholarly communication:
- Editors, their advisory boards, peer reviewers and authors that are interested in flipping their journal to Fair Open Access
- Universities, library consortia and librarians that are willing to support the Fair Open Access Alliance or one of the DisciplineOA’s.
- Research funders that are interested in supporting the flipping of existing journals to Fair Open Access
- Publishers that comply with the following conditions, a.k.a. the Fair Open Access Principles:
- The journal has a transparent ownership structure, and is controlled by and responsive to the scholarly community.
- Authors of articles in the journal retain copyright.
- All articles are published open access and an explicit open access licence is used.
- Submission and publication is not conditional in any way on the payment of a fee from the author or their employing institution, or on membership of an institution or society.
- Any fees paid on behalf of the journal to publishers are low, transparent, and in proportion to the work carried out.