We are a group of scholars and librarians aiming to help transform the conventions of scholarly publishing, and return control of the publication process to the scholarly community.
The Fair Open Access Alliance is an overarching organization aimed at coordinating efforts toward sustainable open access scholarly publishing, following the principles of Fair Open Access. Member organizations include:
- Linguistics in Open Access – LingOA (facilitating conversion to fair open access of journals in linguistics)
- Mathematics in Open Access – MathOA (facilitating conversion to fair open access of journals in mathematics)
- Psychology in Open Access – PsyOA (facilitating conversion to fair open access of journals in psychology)
- Open Library of Humanities – (dedicated to publishing open access scholarship with no author-facing article processing charges)
- Free Journal Network – (a network of scholarly journals run according to the Fair Open Access principles)
- Public Discussion on Publishing Reform – (a public forum for scholarly publishing reform towards Fair Open Access)
The Free Journal Network
(FJN) is a network that brings together and promotes scholarly journals run according tot our Fair Open Access model. For a list of these journals and more information, see https://freejournals.org/.